August 19, 2012 is the big day. We’re having a birthday party for my dogs—Marley, a yellow Labrador Retriever, who turned 3 years old last August 1; Rose, a tricolor Chihuahua, who’s celebrating her 2nd birthday today; and Iulia, Rose’s daughter, who will be 1 month on August 20.
I planned and prepared for everything. Carbonara, garlic bread, party hotdogs, ice cream and cake are in the list. It was my first time to organize a party (although it’s a dog party not children’s party), and I really want it to be perfect. So decided to make my carbonara, which is also my first time to cook, a special one.
Here’s the recipe I used in my Special Carbonara ala Grassyana.
- 1 kg pasta twists (corkscrew pasta)
- 2 packs (250mL/pack) all purpose cream
- 1 can (370 mL) evaporated milk
- ¼ butter
- ¼ kg lean ground beef
- 7 slices sweet ham, sliced into 1×1 squares
- 1 can mushroom, sliced
- 1 pack (70g) cream of mushroom soup,
- 1 pack pesto
- Green bell paper, sliced into small cubes
- 2 onions, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
How To Cook:
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package. Rinse macaroni and return to casserole; cover to keep warm.
- Sauté garlic and onion in butter. Add ground beef, cook until brown.
- Add ham, mushroom and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with water as directed in the package. Add pesto. Pour into the skillet. Cook until boiling.
- Add all purpose cream. Then milk. Reduce fire to medium heat. Add a cup of water if the mixture is too creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer then remove from heat.
- Mix the macaroni with the sauce. Serve topped with cheese.